This quick review guide will give you enough information for finding the best paint remover for metal and step by step guide for using these tools. The best paint remover for metal is always needed either you are planning to repaint or just repairing your metallic bodies. A good quality heat gun is needed for that. After exploring the market and questioning the experts we have come to introduce you these following top 5 best paint remover for metals with their unbiased reviews and buyer’s guide.
A quick rundown of Top picks 5 best paint stripper for metal:
- Wagner HT4500 Heat Gun (Tool Set)
- PORTER-CABLE PC1500HG Heat Gun
- Citri-strip QCSG801 Gel for Paint & Lacquer Stripping
- Bates Paint Scraper Tool
- D Super Remover New generation paint Stripper
All these top 5 paint strippers for metal are high quality, fast action, and cheap price. You must give them a try. With these ideal paint eaters, you can try removing paint at home by saving money and time. Please note that these are not only the methods to remove paint from wood and metals. It would be clearer to say that these are the best recommended and most used methods along with superiority tools.
Best Paint Remover for Metal Review
The 5 paint strippers are listed below with their complete information including pros, cons, features, specifications, performance and all other required by a professional.
1. Wagner HT450 Heat Gun Tool Set: Best Heavy-duty Paint Remover
Wagner is the manufacturer of the most trusted tool known to all. Its high-quality machines along with better customer service is an edge. For easy stripping paint out of metal, the Wagner introduces a great heat gun with all essential gears, its Wagner HT4500 Heat Gun Tool Set model 0503049.
This heavy-duty heat gun is a perfect toolset for all skilled paint strippers. This commercial heat gun is ideal for all types of projects. This versatile paint eater is ideal with its wider temperature range and adjustable controls.
The 5 in 1 tool for paint remover has 4 different fan settings and the quick cooling ability for improved tool life. It’s one of the best options to soft strip the chalk paint and all other paint materials easily from the metals. Other key features of the Wagner HT4500 Heat Gun Tool Set are listed below.
Key features of Wagner 0503049 HT4500 Heat Gun Tool Set:
- Temperature range of 120oF – 1200oF
- Five fan settings for accurate results
- Quick cooling time for longer life of machine also has off, quick cool, and On switch
- 55 temperature settings (5500 BTU’s) making it suitable for all projects
- 2 nozzles and upright position structure
- Includes a storage case for organizing the accessories when not in use
The delivery package consists of a 5 in 1 heat gun, 1 x concentrator, 1x flare, two curved deflectors nozzles and glass shields. It’s a lightweight 5.36-pound head gun made to remove paint with the single-handed operation. The design solid compact build dimensions are 11.2 x 14.3 4.5 inches.
2. PORTER-CABLE PC1500HG Heat Gun: Best for metal paint Removing
It’s another worthy buying heat gun for removing metal paint. Ranked at 2nd in this top 5 best paint remover for metal review and buying guide 2021. The PORTER-CABLE Heat Gun, 1500-Watt (PC1500HG) is the best-selling machine on amazon.com with more than a thousand verified reviews. When it comes to putting a large amount of heat to a certain point this masterpiece does not leave any chance of disappointment.
You can estimate the amount of heat generated as it is capable to set a paper on fire. The variable speed and customized temperature control will allow the right setting for the right job for the finest quality finishing. For proper paint stripping, you need to use this tool effectively. It’s a bit slower method.
PORTER-CABLE Heat Gun paint striper has many key features e.g.
- It has 1500W motor for powerful delivery of heat in a longer run
- It also has dual fan speed mode/selector
- Customize speed and Variable temperature controller
- Attractive solid compact build along with integrated hand-free support facility
- High grade 6 feet length electric cord
PORTER-CABLE Electric paint remover for metals is made under the dimensions of 11.5 x 4.1 x 10.6 inches. Additionally, it comes with a soldering heat gun and a powerful heat gun, concrete and metal tool for stripping. The product is also backed by a 1-year standard manufacturer warranty.
It’s the latest paint and warmish stripping formula with citric strength. Citri-strip Paint stripping Gel is the safest liquid you can apply for removing old layers of paint from your piece of metal. It does not emit any harmful fumes. It is made of non-toxic chemicals including methylene chloride, which is best for indoor use.
The Citri-strip is not actually a liquid. It’s a yogurt-like thick paste gel that needs to be directly applied in the paint surface and set it for a few hours. It stays wet for up to 20 hours. This wipes and removes paint stripper is able to eradicate paint deep from multiple layers. Not only for horizontal surface but it is also perfect for vertical surfaces too.
To protect your hands from this sticky gel, you need to use butyl rubber gloves as any other gloves such as made of standards latex or nitrile will not stop it. The fumes are also an annoying factor, you must have proper ventilation in order to fly away from these hazardous fumes. Plus, the Citri-strip QCSG801 Gel for Paint & Lacquer Stripping leaves a pleasant orange-like fragrance.
In terms of performance, this is the only top-ranked paint remover from for metals that can penetrate into multiple layers. The only issue us the biological risk that is why it is place runner up best.
4. Bates Paint Scraper: Best 5 in 1 tool for paint removing
Bates is another best paint scraper for multiple uses. It is made for repairing and refinishing the painting works. It’s a durable and reliable single tool for all your flexible tasks. If you want to make paint removing easy and effective than the Bates Paint Scraper is made perfectly for you. This multi-purpose paint remover tool is able to work as a hammer, putty knife, box opener, screwdriver, paint can opener and so on.
The bate paint remover is made of stainless steel blades that are rust-resistant and hard for scrapping all materials. Its nice balance ergonomic design gives less fatigue for the wrist. The soft wooden handle make is grip better for longer use.
The new generation paint stripper is a revolutionary product for the paint spray experts. It’s an industry ideal paint stripper for quick action results. The D Super Remover New generation paint Stripper can easily penetrate deeper into 5 layers of paint. Its water washable paint remover made with non-toxic chemicals.
This single unit is used to clean wood, metals and concrete surfaces. It softly removes all types of coating within no time. Why should you use D Super Remover New generation paint Stripper? And what are its main benefits? The answer is:
- It does not consist of methylene Chloride or any other toxic chemical plus it is NMP free.
- Best for your furniture renewal and metallic pipes
- Good at antique wooden work and gentle on the concrete surface
- Able to remove oil, varnish, latex and glue easily
Once again the D Super Remover New generation paint Stripper brings the natural finishing to commercial-grade works such as well as detailed tasks. It is available in the packing of 500 ml, 946 ml, 3.78 liter, and 18.9-liter gallons.
Best paint stripper for metal & wood Buyer’s guide
This section consists of some useful instructions to use any paint stripper at home or DIY. It’s a professional approach to make a safe and healthy setting not only for personal but for the environment. Before start working on your project consider these following tips for improved results.
- Look for the paint that is made for your needs
- Calculate your time, if you want to do it quickly then pick fast action paint stripper
- The workplace you are going to apply these paint remover gadgets should be better ventilated.
- Prepare and set up things on a solid ground an exterior deck or garage could be the best place.
- Focus on your safety, wear safety glasses, gloves, respiration mask and take other necessary measures to protect yourself.
- Dedicate a separate place, a piece of cloth or cardboard for removed paint during the stripping process
There are many professionals available all over the globe for you if you are not intended to strip paint from the metal. These paint removing services are available at a reasonable price. For larger area paint stripping it is endorsed to outsource specialists.